[Cocci] Replacement of function calls and corresponding parameters

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 11 11:07:46 CET 2010

> Could you explain more about what transformation is desired?

I describe just a general maintenance task.

I am looking for ways to replace a function "ABC" by "XYZ" with the help of the
semantic patch language. I see a difficulty in the design detail if these
functions have got different parameters and return types.

Source code adjustments should only be performed after the existence of the old
function was detected. The passed arguments must fit to the new interface.

Regards,
Markus