[Imageworld] ICCV2009 - Call for Workshops
ysato at iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Jan 13 05:00:38 CET 2009
Call for Workshops
Proposals are solicited for workshops to be held as part of the Twelfth IEEE
International Conference on Computer Vision to be held in Kyoto, Japan,
September 27-October 4, 2009.
Workshops can be 1/2, 1 or 2 days long and will be held on September 27, 28,
October 3 and 4, 2009.
Appropriate subjects for workshops include all aspects of computer vision,
pattern recognition and related fields and applications. The main criteria
for workshop selection will be the topic appeal to a large enough section of
the community and the expected quality of program to warrant a successfully
organized workshop. The workshop proceedings will appear on the conference
Registration to workshops will be, as in previous ICCVs, using a passport
system, thus there is no need for a separate budget for workshops. Rooms,
coffee breaks and audio visual equipment will be taken care by the main
To propose a workshop, please send a PDF file of your proposal to Yoichi
Sato (ysato at iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp) and Yoav Schechner (yoav at ee.technion.ac.il).
We expect each proposal to include the information on the proposed workshop
such as the ones listed below. (Items 8-11 are needed if your workshop
includes paper submission.)
1. Title/Topic and a sample call for papers
2. Names and emails of all the organizers
3. Proposed duration of the workshops and preferred date
4. Estimated attendance
5. Special requirements for space or equipment, if needed.
6. Paragraphs justifying and motivating the workshop with relationship to
previous workshops, if appropriate.
7. Any supporting aspects such as experience of the organizers in past
workshops and conferences, potential financial support for awards, etc.
8. Tentative submission deadline
9. Preliminary program committee
10. Estimated number of submissions and acceptance rate
11. Estimated breakdown between number of orals, posters and invited papers
Deadline for all workshop proposals: February 2, 2009.
ICCV2009 Workshop Chairs
Yoav Schechner and Yoichi Sato
More information about the Imageworld